Staying at The Sydney Retreat for the 30-day residential recovery program was truly a life-changing experience. Going into the retreat, I didn’t know what to expect. The facility itself is great and all the staff are extremely welcoming, compassionate and understanding. I’m grateful that The Sydney Retreat is focused heavily on 12-step recovery and isn’t just another detox. The retreat has provided me with a fresh outlook on life, knowledge of my illness, and above all, the tools to continue sobriety in my new-found life. Forever thankful.
Residential Recovery Program
Acknowledging the need for drug or alcohol treatment is one major step to starting and succeeding in a drug rehabilitation program. For many patients, the challenge is getting started with the treatment. And once in the treatment, a new challenge begins, i.e., staying in the treatment program long enough to break free of alcohol or drugs before getting their lives back on track.
At the Sydney Retreat, we understand that recovery from alcohol or drug addiction doesn’t end at a rehabilitation centre. This way, we pay attention to the aftercare program just as we do to our in-house residential session to ensure patients continue with the chain of support, physically, emotionally, and psychologically.
We support people who know they have an addiction by providing focused and well-needed time-out from daily distractions and practical solutions for long-lasting sobriety.
Why a residential retreat?
Several rehabilitation programs can treat alcohol and drug addiction, from the group and individual counselling to short-and long-term residential and outpatient programs. Out of all these programs, residential treatment programs have the highest success rates, thanks to the intense care and support, focused attention on patients and minimized distractions – which would otherwise hurt the treatment and recovery progress.
Our approach to care
At the Sydney Retreat, we’ve modelled our 30-day residency program based on three cornerstones of alcohol and drug treatment. These three key aspects are:
- Immersion: Here, we help our patients focus on recovery while setting life goals that sync with who they are, their capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses. They learn how to live a purposeful life while taking part in things that satisfy them internally. By living a life of immersion, they can master everything about drug addiction and take better control of their lives.
- Education: Through the help and guidance of our retreat assistants and program volunteers, patients are equipped with the knowledge, resources, practices, and skills they need to succeed during the recovery process and lead a satisfying and fulfilling life afterwards.
- Ongoing care: Treatment and recovery doesn’t end at residential rehab centres; instead, it’s a continuous process that takes effort and consistency to call it a success. Through our recovery community, we help patients understand this so they can embrace the value of continued self-education and self-realization in living a purposeful life, post-recovery.
Here is how we help our patients achieve this milestone:
- Building new habits – Good habits are difficult to create but simple to break, while bad habits are simple to develop but hard to break. At the heart of our residential program, we help guests understand this reality — so they can avoid quick fixes that will only work against them in the long run. By understanding the nature of drug and alcohol addiction and setting goals to build new habits – one step at a time – it’s possible to replace bad habits with new habits.
- Establishing healthy boundaries – Balancing work life, personal life, family and friends’ time is a significant challenge for everyone, and most people, especially addicts, often take a shortcut to avoid these realities. To help patients take better care of themselves and their loved ones, we help them understand the importance of building and integrating meaningful relationships into their lives. That way, they can better manage their time and pay attention to other things in life such as family and self-care instead of obsessing about one thing and risking losing the balance of the critical aspects in life.
Let us know how we can help you
Regardless of your position or state in life, reaching your goals is possible. At The Sydney Retreat, we make alcohol and drug treatment a feasible process, a life journey rather than a destination where you access help from our people who deeply care about you, your family, and most importantly, your progress to gaining back control of your life. By sticking with our 30-day residential treatment, you are making a deliberate decision to work on yourself, to better your future, and take charge of what truly matters – your life!
We take pride as one of the best residential treatment centres in Australia, and we’re committed to changing your life and that of one of your loved ones. Contact us today and learn more about our 30-day residential program along with the other services we offer.
We are here to help
If you or a loved one are interested in our Residential Treatment Program or want to better understand how our program works please fill out the form and we will make sure to have one of our dedicated staff members reach out for more information.
If you need to complete a pre-registration contact us at
+61 02 9171 2920 for assistance